Job Title: Audio Engineer
Department: Post Production
Reports to: Sr. Studio Engineer
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
This position is responsible for a variety of tasks while working with audio and video to produce high-quality commercial, video and broadcast projects.
- Will operate and maintain audio and other technology equipment for live recording sessions, live broadcasts, sound design, ADR, remote record sessions, production mixing and more.
- Have an understanding of broadcast audio standards and mixing for broadcast.
- Install, monitor and maintain audio production equipment, including speakers, microphones, and field recording equipment.
- Monitor live feeds to ensure quality, diagnosing and resolving problems as well as digitizing data.
- Store, inventory and maintain equipment and the facilities in which the equipment is housed.
- Recognize and report any problems/issues with equipment.
- Responsible for the set up and take down of all audio related equipment before and after events.
- Assesses the technical needs of staff and clients to delivery effective support.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Degree in Audio Production from an accredited institution is desired or relevant work experience/certification.
- Minimum two-years of experience working with and managing systems using Avid Pro Tools, Apple Logic Pro, Source Connect, Waves Audio plugins and effect, ISDN and IP transmission
- Minimum two-years of experience in field audio recording for commercial productions
- Minimum two-years of experience as a recording engineer with experience recording varried genres of music and pod casts
- Be able to grow into additional roles such as live audio mixing, broadcast audio mixing, radio satellite media tours
- Must be familiar with a wide range of audio and visual equipment.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy is imperative.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed and follow through with minimum direction.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and ability to prioritize.
- Work well with others, be an effective team member.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- May be required to work weekends and/or extended hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program
Job Status: Full Time