Sneaky Big Studios is seeking a Production Technician to operate production equipment and systems, with experience as an operator/designer using VizRT Artist and Trio, Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, AfterEffects, Photoshop, lower thirds, augmented and virtual reality, creating virtual sets, elements, objects and full screen templates. Experience with Nuke and Flame a plus. This is initially a freelance position that could lead to a full-time, regular position.
- Design and build photo-realistic virtual sets, augmented reality images, lower thirds, full screen graphics templates and tickers to meet the evolving needs, with the goal of regularly improving flexibility, ease of use, and impact.
- Conceptualize, design and create graphics and animations for a variety of uses.
- Participate in presentation of creative concepts and production techniques.
- Configure, setup and operate Grass Valley Karrera Switcher, TriCaster Production Switcher, Vinton Robotics, EVS, Graphics and Ultimatte effects keying.
- Able to work in the following capacities: technical director, GFX operator and assist in any capacity where needed.
- Assist Studio Engineer in troubleshooting system errors, finding solutions to ensure smooth operations and maintain systems as needed. Provide backup for PCR operations when Studio Engineer is away.
- Understanding of broadcast technical operations and practices to ensure quality of broadcast productions and recordings.
- Self-motivation to grow core competencies is essential; resourceful and proactive.
- Ability to develop new processes which will improve the daily function of the studio.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of industry experience working with the GFX, VFX & VizRT technology.
- Previous graphics and art production work with background in a broadcast environment required.
- Must have experience in multi-camera broadcast, commercial, TV, live events and corporate video productions.
- Strong understanding of both Apple OS and Microsoft Windows OS.
- Highly experienced in VizRT Artist and Treo, Cinema 4D and 3DS Max to create augmented and virtual reality sets and objects as well as lower thirds, tickers etc.
- Experience using Photoshop, AfterEffects, Flame, Nuke.
- Understanding of transition logic.
- Must have strong design skills and able to generate a project from concept to completion and work in concert with others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize under tight deadlines.
- Active listening, visualization skills, and creativity.
- Ability to self-manage assigned projects and tasks, and communicate risks/issues in a timely manner.
- Strong communication skills to obtain effective results from staff, vendors and clients; ability to communicate problems and solutions with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Effectively organize and prioritize tasks while working effectively under the pressure of production timelines.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.